Are you always pressed for time and feeling rushed in the morning? Do you wish you could streamline your makeup routine, but feel you’re stuck in a rut? The following tips will help cut your eye makeup and lipstick time in half. Learn how to enhance your eyes and impart color to the lips by creating a beautiful look in a few short minutes.
- Curl your lashes: If your lashes are straight, try using an eyelash curler at the roots of the lashes, and squeeze down for five seconds. Repeat near the tips of the lashes and squeeze for another five seconds to create a curl. This will help open up your eyes.
- Upper waterline: Try lining the inner, upper waterline with a black gel pencil liner. First lift your head back and keep your eyes wide open. When you line this area your lashes will appear fuller and thicker by adding subtle definition to the eyes. Eyeliner placed inside the waterline does not usually migrate to the lids, which will save you time waterproofing your liner or fixing up any smudges.
- Bottom waterline: You can enlarge your eyes by lining the lower waterlines with beige, light peach, or white gel eyeliner. Gently pull down the lower lashline to line the inner rims. This makes the whites of your eyes appear bigger and creates a wider illusion.
- Winged liner: If you feel a need for some added drama or would like to create a striking eye for evening, use a waterproof eyeliner to draw a thicker line along the upper eyelids at the base of the lashes. You can also add a cat wing by turning up the outer corner for a cool effect. If you prefer a more adventurous look, opt for a bold-colored liner along the top lids, i.e., blue or purple. This will add drama to both dark and light eyes.
- Shimmer and hydrate: By choosing a shimmery and vibrant gloss you can impart instant color, shine, and hydration to your lips. This will also help your lips stay moist during the cold weather. Plus, you will save time by eliminating the need to apply liner and lipstick. Try keeping a lipstick and liner in your handbag to apply during the day when you have more time available.
Although you cannot have your cake and eat it too, you can certainly streamline your morning routine to still look and feel beautiful. It doesn’t take a drawer full of makeup to create a quick fix that will give you the comfort you want.
Risselle Naimark is a Professional Freelance Makeup Artist and Skincare Consultant. She carries an extensive line of personalized skincare, cosmetics, and anti-aging products. Risselle is also available for weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, makeup lessons, and all of your beauty needs. She can be reached at 718 263-5517.