Eyebrows enhance the beauty of your face by providing a frame for your eyes and the parameters in which to place your eye makeup. Even if you’re not a big fan of makeup, a well-defined brow can certainly give you a more polished appearance in a most natural manner.
If your eyebrows look half empty, very thin, too short or simply sparse, your eyes can appear sleepy, tired, and incomplete. The following makeup tips can instantly transform your brows naturally by adding some fullness.
- Brush your brows - No matter how sparse your eyebrows are, be sure to brush them upwards. This will help you see in which direction your hairs are growing. It will also help guide you as to where to fill them in.
- Choose the right color - A very important part of filling in your eyebrow is choosing the appropriate shade. If the color is too dark, you will look harsh. When too light, you will appear washed out. A good rule of thumb is as follows: Dark haired people should opt for a shade a bit lighter than their hair color, while those with light hair should opt for a shade a bit darker than their hair color.
- Filling them in - Begin by outlining the brows with a light hand. Draw diagonally upwards and outward, making sure to create an arch. This will act like a stencil for you to work within. Be sure to follow the shape of your natural brows and don’t try changing the appearance completely. Start with the inner part of your brow near the bridge of your nose and slowly move outwards. Make sure you don’t create any harsh lines, and try to make it look most natural. After you have drawn the outline, fill in the brows with short feathery strokes. You may need to use a few different products in similar shades, i.e. a powder brow pencil, gel pencil,and a matching brow gel, which comes in a little pot or brow powder in a compact. Often, a combination of two products will do the trick.
- Highlighter/concealer - If you make any mistakes, make sure to outline the brows with a light concealer or highlighter. You can also highlight the high points over your brow to make it look more put together. A highlighter pencil can lift your eyes and put the focus on your arch as well, making your eyebrows pop a bit more.
- Setting your brow - To lock the brow into place, apply a clear eyebrow sealer or translucent loose powder over the newly-drawn brow in order to create brow longevity and allow it to stay put all day throughout the heat and humidity.
Since eyes are considered the windows to your soul, there is no better way to enhance them than fortifying their frames by creating beautiful brows. With the stroke of pencil and bit of powder, you can magically transform those sparse brows to brows that wow.
Risselle Naimark is a Professional Freelance Makeup Artist and Skincare Consultant. She carries an extensive line of personalized skincare, cosmetics, and anti-aging products. Risselle is also available for weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, makeup lessons, and all of your beauty needs. She can be reached at 718 263-5517.